Earth Cup ® is the first monomaterial paper cup WITHOUT a PE liner, which is recyclable and suitable for home composting.
This patented innovation can be easily recycled in the paper waste stream.
Made in France using European raw materials, the Earth Cup® is produced in accordance with the strictest food quality and safety standards and meets all regulatory requirements, with a lower environmental impact than any other type of cup.
The Earth Cup can simply be sorted with the paper waste, or placed with the bio-waste in the garden compost bin.
So this is no longer a waste but a resource : its material can be used to make products from recycled fibre, or to produce compost by biodegrading at ambient temperature.
"OK compost HOME" certified : a product that is compostable at home with no additional energy
The aim of composting is to reduce the volume of organic waste through biodegradation, whilst re-using the resource to produce high-quality compost that can be used for agricultural or horticultural purposes.
Home composting is a more difficult and slower process than industrial composting since NO energy is added (ambient temperature).
The OK compost HOME certification identifies products that can simply be added to garden compost at home with biowaste.
With its circular resource-use, home composting cuts down on household waste, by using it to make garden compost.
According to European standard EN 13432, the “compostability’”of a material includes its biodegradability as well as its capacity to disintegrate into fine, non-toxic particles that enable plant growth.
Why choose the Earth Cup® ?
Monomaterial paper with no PE liner
- Biobased and renewable cardboard, PEFC certified from sustainably managed European forests
- Adhesive provides sealing and functionality, and is certified suitable for direct food contact
and home composting
- Resistance to various liquids (hot and cold drinks) obtained without any plastic liner
- 100% paper waste stream recyclable
Approved for direct food contact / cold and hot drinks & ice cream
- Complies with European regulations concerning materials intended to come into direct contact with food (EU 10/2011, CE 1935/2004…)
- Approved for migration testing
- Confirmed free of Bisphenol A
- Validated for sensory analysis: no atypical flavor from the cup after contact with hot, cold or ice drink.
Recyclable cardboard, easily repulpable
- Recyclability analysis confirmed by the official report of France’s CTP – Technical Center of Paper – according to the requirements of the European standard EN 13430 / packaging recoverable by material recycling
- Approval of France’s CEREC – Recyclability Assessment Committee for Paper & board Packaging
- Automatic sorting tests with fibrous waste in sorting centres
- Repulpability tests in paper mills: no plastic liner and therefore no delamination necessary
Cup certified for home composting
- OK COMPOST HOME certification issued by TÜV AUSTRIA (Vinçotte) according to the requirements of European standard EN 13432 and French standard NF T51-800
- Cup certified as home compostable after analysis of biodegradability, disintegration and ecotoxicity of the compost obtained after 26 weeks of testing
- 1st cup in the world to comply with OK COMPOST HOME requirements for hot AND cold drinks
Earth Cup® is a paper cup ideally suited to all uses for hot and cold drinks or ice cream.
Without plastic film and therefore without static electricity , the Earth Cup® unstacks perfectly in automatic vending machines.
Finally, the Earth Cup® is a privileged communication tool as its surface is printable, unlike some coated paper cups which are difficult to print on.
Earth Cup ® is a registered trademark that has been patented in several countries. This monomaterial paper cup is a unique innovation and has received numerous international awards and distinctions.